Freedom is a gift, given to us by our freedom fighters. They had to struggle to win Independence and sacrificed their whole lives so that we could live in a free country. Let their sacrifice not go in vain. Let us promise to work hard towards making America a better nation each day free from corruption and violence!
Happy Birthday, America!
Red, White, and B(lue)oozy Snowcones!
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup water
For the red syrup:
1 cup strawberries, halved
1/4 cup white rum (we like Bacardi)
For the blue syrup:
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup blue curacao
1. Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then reduce to a simmer. Stirring constantly, cook for two minutes.
2. For the red syrup, pour half of the simple syrup – about 1/2 cup – over the strawberries. Purée in a blender with white rum. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and reserve. (For a more intense red color, add a drop or two of red food coloring.)
3. For the blue syrup, combine the remaining simple syrup, lime juice, and Curacao. Stir to combine completely.
4. Chill syrups until ready to serve.
5. To make ice, use a snow cone machine or blend ice in a blender (you may have to do this in batches, keeping each batch in the freezer as you make the next one.)
6. Scoop crushed ice into glasses, then squirt syrups over packed, crushed ice, and enjoy!
Make it Kid-Friendly!
Substitute Blue Curacao with a few drops of blue food coloring and leave out the rum!
Team Posh wants to remind you to be safe this Independence Day and drink responsibly!